Unions and employers meet on Tuesday, September 27 to negotiate the revaluation of the supplementary pension since private pensioners. Here are the problems.
What is Agirc-Arrco?
This organization pays each year to 13 million private pensioners a total of 80,000 million euros in compulsory supplementary pensions. With a weight of 35 to 65% of the pension, it is added to the basic pension.
Also read: Supplementary pensions. 3,700 million euros of surplus expected in Agirc-Arrco in 2022
Why are we talking about that again?
Because the unions and employers, who manage Agirc-Arrco, are currently negotiating the percentage of annual revaluation, applicable as of November 1. The current agreement provides for an automatic revaluation, based on the progression of the average salary (4.8%). Added to this is a recovery of 0.1% compared to last year. That’s a total increase of 4.9%. On average, the direct entitlement pension paid by Agirc-Arrco amounts to €491 per month. A revaluation of 4.9% would therefore mean an average monthly capital gain of €24.
Can the regime afford such an increase?
Yes. Job creation brings contributions to the coffers. Therefore, the plan should have a large surplus in 2022, like last year. As for the reserves (68,000 million at the end of 2021), they exceed the threshold, set by the social partners, of 41,000 million, corresponding to six months of benefits. So much so that the unions want to go a little further than 4.9%.
That is what we are going to propose during the negotiation”, declares Yvan Ricordeau, of the CFDT.
We can go up to 5.1 or 5.2%”, calculates for its part Pascale Coton, of the CFTC.
Up to 5.4%”, adds Michel Beaugas of FO. But for that, it is necessary to modify the current agreement. Whether employers will accept it remains to be seen. This will be the topic of a meeting on Tuesday, September 27.